I started my career over 15 years ago as a technical recruiter. That’s when I realized that connecting people to careers they loved is what truly energized me! I continued in the world of business for a few more years as a Senior Mutual Fund Accountant at State Street Corporation, then after some time abroad, I pro-actively pivoted into career counseling. After earning a Masters of Science in College Student Development and Counseling at Northeastern University, I managed a career program for three years at the nonprofit Bottom Line, a college access and success program that supports first generation and low income students. I then transitioned to my current role as the Director of Undergraduate Career Management at the Questrom School of Business at Boston University working with Alumni, Undergraduates and MSMS students.
In 2018 I started my private career coaching practice. I was driven to start my private practice because of my connection to professionals in career transition that are truly motivated to discover and commit to a rewarding career that brings energy and joy to their life. This has now brought me to HireClub where I look to expand my career coaching work with professionals around the world across industries and functions!
My Coaching Style
My approach can be easily described in one word-customized! I am very versatile in my approach and pull from a number of different methods that best fit my clients needs. I apply a combination of Social Cognitive (self-efficacy and the belief in ones capabilities), Trait Factor (matching personalities to careers) and Developmental Self-Concept Theories (career development as a life-long process). After our coaching work you will experience increased optimism and confidence.
Clients describe me as:
Supportive | Enthusiastic | Honest | Motivating | Accessible | Objective
Approach and services go hand-in-hand! See below for a specific list of how I can support you through your career process:
- You are currently active in your job search and want to expedite the process by clarifying your job search targets (titles, company list, industries, culture, etc.).
- You’ve been working a few years and your interests have change, now you need clarity on your next career move.
- Something at work or in your personal life has detoured your career and you’re looking to get back on track.
- You’re thinking about graduate school or some other way to skill build and need to clarify your career path so that your investment is in-line with your future goals.
- You know which direction you’re headed, but you need help marketing yourself.
- You’re having decent results in your search, but want to enhance your interview and networking skills.
Certifications & Degrees
Certified Career Transitions Coach (CCTC)-Career Thought Leaders
Certified Career Counselor (CCC) - NCDA
Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
STRONG Interests Inventory
Skill Scan Career Driver
Reach 360 Personal Branding
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) Certified Salary Negotiation Facilitator
MS, College Student Development and Counseling, Northeastern University
BS, Business Administration, SUNY Oswego