Aron Clymer Hiring
Data Clymer is a boutique services firm specializing in modern cloud data systems and data-driven culture change. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area but service clients worldwide. Actionable insights are the new competitive advantage, and Data Clymer has decades of experience helping organizations of all sizes fully leverage their data. When done well, customers are delighted and companies find innovative, and often unexpected, strategies for success.
Why Work for Data Clymer?
Come join us and help instill a cultural change that turns every one of our clients' employees into analysts, and do it while working in modern cloud data environments. Work remote, enjoy a flexible schedule, and work on a client's most important data. Collaborate and learn from Data Clymer's founder, Aron Clymer, who has over a decade experience building analytics solutions, leading data teams, and working with companies to instill a data-driven culture.
Job Opening: Data Consultant
Data Clymer has an immediate opening for a data consultant. You can be located anywhere because nearly all the work can be done remotely.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Looker development: coding LookML, SQL, setting up Explores, Reports, and Dashboards
- Holding Looker training for both end users and LookML developers
- General data wrangling using languages like SQL, python, etc.
- Follow Data Clymer's design patterns and cultural change methodology
- Working with client teams to help create a data-driven culture
- Gathering and documenting requirements
- Devising the best solutions based on requirements and your experience
- Auditing data and investigating issues
- Performing data analysis to answer key business questions
- Willingness to get hands dirty and find solutions
- Excellent communication
- Excellent self-management (time, milestones, deadlines, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Statistics, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, etc, or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with SQL (there is a test)
BI tool implementation (Looker, Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
Data visualization best practices
Dashboard and report design
Data Science concepts
Must be a US Citizen or Resident