As a Delivery Services Analyst, you are at the nexus of everything that Cota works on, and your own work will require you to collaborate with almost every team. In conjunction with Cota's Operations team, you will jointly scope which data is required from each client, and work with Clinical Data Operations to ensure that the data Cota receives is valid. You’ll ingest data into our proprietary data validation and abstraction platform, and collaborate with Engineering and Product to enhance and troubleshoot Cota’s ingestion processes. You may partner with Cota’s Analytics team to specify the data that is required for a project deliverable, then implement your own “mini-ETL” process in support of Cota’s Data Scientists. Through it all, you will grow to be an expert in the ever-converging fields of clinical data and technology. Your success is directly related to your ability to effectively function and communicate at the intersection of two very challenging fields.
ABOUT DELIVERY SERVICES
Delivery Services’ goal is to identify and understand connections in voluminous collections of (typically) disjointed data by requesting, ingesting, QC’ing, and delivering both data and analyses that help Cota achieve its business objectives. We process this real-time and retrospective data for users ranging from abstractors, who use our proprietary abstraction platform to derive and save Facts about individual patients, to physicians and healthcare decision-makers at major payers and providers, who either consume this data "raw" or use Cota's products to gain insights into their patient populations. We're a close-knit and data-driven team of healthcare data technologists passionate about improving healthcare in the U.S., and we solve interesting, data-centric challenges on a daily basis. This is an opportunity to work for a company where you can positively impact the lives of cancer patients and have a meaningful influence on Cota’s current and future offerings. Join us if you want to define data quality to improve thousands of lives and build something that matters.
- Work with medical specialists and operational project managers in scoping and implementing data acquisition processes with provider partners. This involves, but is not limited to:
- Collaborating across teams to ensure data validity and viability
- Implementing creative solutions to ill-defined challenges
- Understanding and mastering the various aspects of healthcare data
- Maintaining exacting standards of data quality
- Work with data scientists, medical specialists, and operational project managers to extract and transform data from a variety of sources within Cota’s platform in order to feed project deliverables
- Use a range of technologies to create solutions that can be easily implemented by your teammates
- Create and/or prepare data for additional ad hoc analysis
- 3+ years of experience in software development or data analytics, ideally in the healthcare space
- BS or MS in a quantitative field such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Medical Informatics, or equivalent training and experience
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take ownership of challenges, find solutions, and implement them
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency with R or Python with pandas library
- Familiarity with Git and comfortable using the Linux command line with shells such as Bash
- Previous experience working with clinical and/or claims data
- Familiarity with a variety of healthcare data such as observational datasets, registry data, and/or clinical trial data
At Cota, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity with the belief that it drives our innovation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a guiding principle on how we build teams and develop leaders. As part of our commitment to building a respectful culture that encourages, develops and celebrates different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, culture, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions, including decisions to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, business need and performance.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer.