Madeleine Castillo Hiring Open
John Burton Advocates for Youth improves the quality of life for youth in California who have been in foster care or homeless by advocating for better laws, training communities to strengthen local practices and conducting research to inform policy solutions.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental JBAY values. Together, our organization works to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our workforce, constituents and our state, connecting us closer to the communities we serve.
JBAY works in three areas: housing, education and health. The Education Program Manager implements the organization’s education strategy across California. JBAY is a small, strategic organization that focuses its resources on making the highest value change at the county and state levels. By doing this, employees directly impact the lives of thousands of youth and young adults annually. Our vision is to create a California where all young people have a safe, supported transition to adulthood and the opportunity to experience a life of economic security, housing stability and well-being.
Job Responsibilities • Strengthen the high school to college transition and improve college success for youth with experience in foster care and/or homelessness by providing direct technical assistance to partnering organizations.
• Develop and disseminate best practices, promote peer learning opportunities, develop regional approaches to service delivery and engage stakeholders in policy change by convening stakeholder learning communities.
• Identify and develop policy solutions to systemic barriers and assist with efforts to enact legislative and administrative policy changes related to project goals.
• Develop and implement strategies designed to achieve project goals.
• Develop and deliver in-person and web-based trainings relevant to project goals.
• Create and disseminate written products including project outreach materials, technical assistance publications, newsletter articles and policy briefs that strategically align JBAY’s technical assistance and training activities with policy goals.
• Coordinate activities with a variety of stakeholders including public agencies, school districts, post-secondary institutions, community-based organizations, foundations and elected officials.
• Develop and deliver presentations regarding the initiative goals at conferences and events.
• Support the implementation of bi-annual Blueprint to Success conference.
• Support data collection efforts related to tracking progress towards initiative goals and prepare project evaluation reports.
• Interface with project funders as requested and prepare periodic grant reports.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings and other JBAY team meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements • Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required. (Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Higher Education, Social Work or related field preferred) • Minimum 5 years related experience working in higher education or high school to college transition, specifically with first-time or low-income college students; OR experience in child welfare or other related social service field will also be considered. • Strong writing, organizational and oral communication skills essential. • Ability to maintain strong relationships with a wide range of partners. • Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision. • Strong commitment to the mission of the organization and project. • Ability to travel regularly throughout California, including overnight travel once a month or more.
This position will be based in JBAY’s San Francisco office (post Shelter-In-Place).
Salary and Benefits This is a full-time exempt and at-will position. JBAY’s compensation package is robust for our sector, including health/dental benefits, paid leave time and a 401(k) plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To Apply Send cover letter and resume with specific information about current/previous experience along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.