Nadine Braidic Peplov Hiring
Human Resources ·Jewish Family and Children's Services ·
Under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the central executive management functions of JFCS, including Board activities and the Executive Offices of Jewish Family and Children’s Services. Provides assistance in support of other JFCS functions as requested. The Executive Assistant understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
- Acts as confidential secretary to both the Executive Director and the Associate Executive Director.
- Provides written drafts of correspondence, reports and e-mail announcements and other communications for approval by Executive Director and Associate Executive Director. Also prepares and distributes documents for the Executive Director from dictation or handwritten drafts as well as outgoing mail, contracts and other materials as requested.
- Provides phone support to the Executive Director as requested. Keeps calendar for Executive Director and Associate Executive Director and sets dates for Board and Board committee meetings. Acts as liaison with appointments and guests; assures that meeting timelines are met and takes initiative to assure that Executive Office functions are achieved as planned.
- Advises Reception staff of expected visitors to the Executive Office and greets visitors when they arrive. Assists in reception coverage at 2150 Post when the regular receptionist is unavailable.
- Receive, route and respond to mail, telephone, e-mail, and personal inquiries regarding Agency and Executive Office matters, as appropriate.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, statistical analysis, graphs and other documents ensuring accuracy and appropriate appearance of documents.
- Provides support for Board, Board Committees, Lay Leadership task forces, trainings, gatherings, staff-level meetings, or other events as assigned, including scheduling, reserving rooms, preparing announcements and agendas, tracking RSVPs, arranging for food service, and taking, preparing and distributing minutes.
- Provides specialized support for Board Committees as assigned, including the Public Issues Committee, Facilities Committee, Personnel Committee, Board Development and Nominating Committee, Ethical Care Committee, Loans & Grants Committee, and other Board-level Committees and Subcommittees as needed.
- Handles routing of confidential employment contracts, letters of hire and other personnel documents between the Human Resources Manager and the Executive Office.
- Using agency systems , and in collaboration with the Donor and Volunteer Information Systems Manager, maintains the database of Agency governance volunteers, representing all Agency standing committees and program advisory committees, and provides assistance to the Executive Director and the Associate Executive Director, who staff these Committees, through setting meeting dates, maintaining time-appropriate e-mail announcement schedule, sending advance materials to members when appropriate, preparation of mailing labels and Committee rosters and other mail-merged correspondence.
- Writes and edits letters, reports and other documents, and creates and maintains official records, files, reports, budgets, as requested and appropriate, using word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and communications software.
- Provides assistance in the timely processing of performance reviews of Executive Director’s supervisees, and other HR related correspondence for the Executive Director, as needed.
- Assists in developing and operating general Agency support and training systems, as needed.
- Continuous Quality Improvement. Compiles data from internal sources (staff, management, etc.) and compiles into Continuous Quality Improvement Reports; submit for review by the Executive Director and the Associate Executive Director, and then to Board of Directors.
- Client Satisfaction Surveys: On a monthly basis, sends surveys to former clients to assess satisfaction with JFCS services. Inputs data from returned surveys into SurveyMonkey and create reports as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of office experience
- Demonstrated expertise proficiency in Microsoft Office Application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Demonstrated community relations and public relations competence required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assigned and ad hoc duties with very limited or absence of direction from the Executive Leaders.
- Maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Top-level detail, organizational, and analytical skills required with little room for error.
- Familiarity with Jewish culture and community a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to the workload fluctuations inherent in the position is essential.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave; 403b plan; life and disability insurance.
APPLICATION PROCESS Please submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter to Nadine Peplov at NadineP@jfcs.org. Please use “Executive Assistant” as your email subject line.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. This position is located in San Francisco and does not offer relocation packages.
*All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.*