Ketan Anjaria Hiring
Founder ·HireClub ·
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Planner/MRO Buyer supports the execution of Maintenance and Operations by planning and assigning work orders, estimating costs, and purchasing parts and supplies. She/he ensures that equipment, parts, materials, special tools, personnel and skills required for orderly and efficient work execution are ready and available when needed. She/he provides documentation of performed work for use in measuring, evaluating and controlling the maintenance function. She/he assists with the development of a reliable maintenance strategy based on preventive and predictive maintenance systems. She/he will work directly with the Maintenance Manager/Plant Engineer to build a reliable CMMS system and maintenance team. She/he will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. In addition, she/he will support our ISO 14001 Environmental Management System by working closely with the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager to ensure timely reporting of all metrics and requirements needed to maintain our environmental permits. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the department and company.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Plans all maintenance with special attention to regulatory requirements that may apply, e.g. OSHA rules, EPA regulations, USDA requirements, state and local environmental regulations. Ensures all safety requirements are clearly defined in all maintenance planning.
Creates, reviews, and changes purchase requisitions into purchase orders.
Analyzes and select suppliers, issues purchase orders; follows up and expedites as necessary.
Identify potential suppliers and issue requests for quotations.
Acts as principle contact and liaison to Production for all maintenance work.
Receives all work orders. Screens them to see that they are properly filled out, that the work scope is clearly described and properly authorized, and that priorities and completion dates are realistic.
Consults with Safety, Management and Sub-Contractors in the event that special advice is needed.
Acts as the principle manager of the CMMS data base. Ensuring its accuracy and timeliness of data entry.
Plans, creates, and assigns Maintenance Work Orders
Estimates total cost for work orders based on direct labor and materials.
Verifies the availability of parts, and materials prior to scheduling and order any not available.
Maintains backlog of work orders and reports their status to management group.
Assists the Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager with our ISO 14001 certification and assists with data collection and reporting, environmental site audits, and coordination of facility response to any findings.
Develops maintenance schedules for each shift and leads daily scheduling meetings.
Reviews completed work schedules and corresponding work orders.
Report department metrics and activities to management team weekly.
Participates in shift production and scheduling meetings.
Trains maintenance personnel in proper maintenance reporting procedures for out-of-specification findings, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
Reviews completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, updates and supervises updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system. Analyzes historical data in order to take action to mitigate reoccurring issues.
Assists Plant Engineer in contractor qualifications and performance management.
Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules. Keeps informed of maintenance personnel vacation schedules.
Updates the CMMS system equipment including machinery data, machinery history, and spare parts lists.
Produces a weekly maintenance work schedule as well as a projected work schedule. Using the CMMS system, forecasts work force needs for equipment maintenance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and Associate’s Degree in a technical area and/or completion of an apprenticeship program and five years of plant maintenance experience, required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Two years of experience in the supervision of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills, Internet and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Project management software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CMMS system, preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager with directing the daily activities of the Inventory Clerk
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.