Nelly Do Hiring
Human Resources ·Anova Applied Electronics ·
Anova is the leading smart kitchen brand with its award-winning connected sous vide device, the Anova Precision Cooker. Since its inception, the company’s vision has been to build an Anova Kitchen – a kitchen where devices are user-friendly, connected, and affordable, so everyone can cook like a pro.
We’re looking for a passionate PR/COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER to join our team!
- Represent the brand, culture, and help present our story to key media contacts
- Achieve and exceed quarterly, seasonal and annual communications goals
- Deliver accurate media coverage reports and manage weekly metrics
- Secure top-tier placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Assist with event coordination and planning; attend industry events and interface with key media
- Coordinate all public relations activities including pitching, managing incoming press inquiries, running product review program, writing press releases and fact sheets, vetting potential affiliate partners
- Work with Social Media Manager to post top placements on social, identify media opportunities, and engage with media and influencers accordingly
- Manage incoming media inquiries, interview requests, and ongoing reviews program- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Understand the company and product inside and out - you should be able to participate in the smart kitchen conversation as a representative of Anova to relay company and product messaging accurately, when appropriate
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and gather insight from media- Brief company spokespeople with media outlet and contact background information
- Manage product review program and work with Hardware team on messaging and media assets as needed for press kits
- Update and maintain Anova Press Page, company and product press kits, and media quotes across all web properties
- Share company and product mentions and coverage with the team
- 4+ years of experience managing PR and Communications
- Strong understanding of media relations, strategic pitching, and planning
- Ability to nurture and maintain established media and business partnerships, as well as identify and develop new opportunities
- Strategic thinker, able to prioritize and think through a variety of issues at the same time
Why you should join the family. Mentorship with a startup feel. Paid time off: we encourage all employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to pursue their own interests, to volunteer, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family. Medical, dental, vision, life, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Qualified Transportation Account (QTA), disability, and parental leave benefits. Competitive pay, quarterly raises, and 401K with company matching. A flexible work from home policy. Catered lunch. Dogs, cats, turtles, goldfishes: we are a pet-friendly workspace.
What we value. Trust. Diversity. Passion. Ambition. Consistency. Ownership.
How we behave. Everyone has a seat at the table. By default, we’re inclusive, approachable, welcoming, and accessible. This is true both internally and with our customers. We believe the best ideas can and often do come from anywhere. We want everyone to have a voice. We believe in the power of diversity. At Anova, there’s a seat at the table for all of us. We’re radically open, transparent, and authentic. While we exercise empathy, we believe it’s important to tell people exactly what we think and feel. We have heart. We’re driven and ambitious. We’re scrappy and punch above our weight class. We’ve consistently heard people say they’ve never seen so much accomplished by so few. We’re competitive and have fun competing. We dive on the floor for loose balls. We care about our team and community and we’re driven to do the right thing.