Aaron Newton Hiring
Product Manager ·Thanx ·
Who are we?
Thanx helps offline retailers build deeper, data-driven relationships with their best customers by integrating loyalty, feedback, referrals, and personalized marketing tools.
Thanx is backed by some of the best VCs including Sequoia Capital and Icon Ventures. We recently raised a $17.1M Series B to accelerate the company’s growth. We have, since then, grown the team by 250% and seen significant increases in key business metrics including user count, transactions processed, and MRR.
We are in the early stages of growth but well on our way to significant success. We Embrace Diverse Perspectives. We Focus On What Matters. We Make It Happen. We Say “Thanx” Generously. As corny as it may be, we literally say “Thanx” to each other in company all-hands.
Who Are You?
You are a product designer who thrives in a fast-growing startup environment and loves the challenge of building compelling products that people use daily. We’re small but growing, so you should be capable of rolling up your sleeves and pushing pixels and Bézier curves, mocking up user flows, tweaking mobile layouts and dashboard visualizations.
This role is a partnership between our product management team and our designers to collaboratively develop solutions that make the Thanx product more compelling and effective.
The Product Design Lead creates consistent and compelling user experiences across native mobile apps (iOS and Android), web apps (dashboards, signup flows, etc), email and SMS/MMS, and more. The Product Design Lead creates UIs, data visualizations, icons, illustrations, animations, and everything that goes into the product from wireframe to pixels.
- Design applications across platforms that enable users to explore and use our products well
- Work with our product team to ideate on solutions to opportunities and problems for our customers
- Work closely with our engineering team to translate your designs into products
- Produce the entire lifecycle of product design from sketches and whiteboards through wireframes and then to finished designs and design specs and assets for our engineering teams at a fast pace
- Stay on top of trends and maintain best practices
- 5–7 years of product design experience and a portfolio that demonstrates it
- A proven experience shipping product as a Senior Product Designer, Art Director or equivalent
- A deep experience across all forms of digital communication platforms from web to mobile to email and beyond
- Several years of experience shipping software with software developers
- Hands-on experience with icon design / illustration, typography, user experience, wireframing, interface design, visual design, mobile, responsive web, email, asset production, and specification
- Experience designing for multivariate testing
- Ability to take high-level strategic goals outlined by our product team and translate that into user experiences to achieve those goals
Bonus points for:
- An understanding of the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JS.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of iOS and Android
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Experience with Git
- Copy writing/editing skills
- Experience working in a startup environment
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Thanx will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.