Ato Kasymov Hiring
CEO ·Zentist ·
Dental insurance plans are notoriously complicated. Policy agreements are difficult for consumers to understand and for providers to service and manage. We started Zentist because we believe neither consumers nor providers should struggle with the complexity of understanding and utilizing dental plans. At Zentist, we are developing billing technology between dental offices and insurance companies that abstracts away all the complexity of billing and collecting insurance.
We’re located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Costanoa Ventures, Point Nine Capital, and Fika Ventures.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Zentist, you'll be working on code that's closest to the business, and pioneering key technologies to make the system reliant, scalable, and easy to reason about. Your work will impact dental practices and the people that visit them across the United States.
What you'll do
- Develop state machines and intelligent strategies to scale claim lifecycle management
- Build systems using python that can scale with our growth
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of existing architectures and evolve them
- Balance speed, quality, and reliability, with a focus on tangible results.
What you'll need
- At least 3+ years of backend development
- 1+ years developing python web applications
- Ability to empathize with end users. You've built with the audience in mind.
- People who value building a Minimum Viable Product with quality
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- Aversion to and tendency against spaghetti code
- Persistence. Design it, build it, if it breaks, fix it, but make it work, and make it shine
- You are an engineering generalist, you love learning new skills and technology, and are passionate about solving problems regardless of language or domain
- Comfort with ambiguity in an early stage environment
- Testing experience (e.g. pytest, doubles)
- Graphene experience
- Experience designing, building, and operating systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems