Henry Chen Hiring
Recruiter ·eatsa ·
At eatsa, we are working to revolutionize restaurants through innovative technology and design. We believe that everyone deserves access to better food, better dining experiences and to have a little more magic in their day.
We are focused on an industry that is ripe for change – the $900 Billion restaurant industry. Our unique, world-class team combines software and hardware engineers, designers and restaurant operations experts to push the boundaries on re-engineering every aspect of the business. We've created a one of a kind product, customer experience, and back-of-house operation platform to empower and delight customers and operators alike.
Customers, restaurant partners, investors, and media have responded with overwhelming enthusiasm. As we enter an aggressive growth phase, we are looking for motivated, talented folks to join us in making this critical change!
The Role: eatsa’s engineering team is growing and we need a Senior DevOps engineer to support our two types of infrastructure: cloud and store. We use AWS in the cloud, and we want someone to come in and fine tune our existing system, help make deployment of code effortless, and generally make sure things run smoothly and efficiently. In our restaurants, we run a fair amount of hardware, and we are hoping to scale back on sending engineers into our stores to troubleshoot and instead seek to empower store employees to fix and resolve issues. By empowering our store employees we are able to scale troubleshooting efforts across thousands or hundreds of thousands of stores.
The ideal candidate would be a leader in helping to prioritize, multi-task and deliver solutions that work for eatsa.
- Participate in the development of processes and software to configure, maintain and manage a diverse set of physical and cloud infrastructure
- Contribute operational experience to software and quality engineering
- Keep the code deploying and the bits moving while continuously improving process
- Coordinate communication around technical infrastructure between all groups in the eatsa organization
- Participate in an on-call rotation for platform and store technology
- You are a strong believer in automating everything
- You have demonstrated expertise in Python, networking, UNIX, and the administration of Linux distributions
- You have experience managing and maintaining Ruby, Node, and/or Python deployments
- You manage infrastructure with tools like Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet, Terraform, Chef, etc
- You have worked with git/GitHub, Jenkins/Hudson and/or other build and continuous integration systems
- You have built systems on AWS, OpenStack and/or other IaaS environments
- You have experience developing for and managing high availability SaaS environments
- You play well with others
Bonus Points: Startup savvy
- Knowledge of video drivers
- Experience defining application metrics and performance targets with tools like New Relic, Zenoss, Graphite, etc
- Familiarity with MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ and/or other data technologies
- Have a passion for what you do and don’t mind showing it off
What We Offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Competitive pay and equity/stock options
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off
- Catered lunches from our eatsa store, and exceptional snack game
- Regular company outings and events
- Dog friendly office
eatsa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.