Ketan Anjaria Hiring
Founder ·HireClub ·
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
We are seeking a discovery operations technician to join our talented & growing team in our Silicon Valley office in San Mateo. This individual will play a key role in developing processes & procedures to support our hardware installation process to ensure a smooth onboarding of new makes & models of vehicles into our fleet.
Local Motion by Zipcar turns existing fleets into private, Zipcar-like connected cars, bringing keyless access and seamless sharing to corporate campuses, cities and counties, as well as universities. Using the next generation proprietary hardware and software that powers Zipcar’s commercial product, owners of large motor fleets can share vehicles effortlessly, increase fleet utilization, and streamline operations.
- Manage vendors on-site or remotely and ensure established timelines, protocols, and quality expectations are met and maintained. Work through complex issues under tight timeframes.
- Source new, qualified vendors and manage relationships with an expanding national vendor network.
- Design and lead new vendor training programs.
- Build a structured and predictable quality control process to ensure internal standards are adhered to.
- Provide support to vendors in the field and competently troubleshoot (sometimes remotely) electrical and mechanical issues remotely that may arise.
- Maintain an ever-changing and fluid operations calendar and reprioritize work based on customer and business needs.
- Lead all vehicle electrical/wiring discovery initiatives and compile detailed diagrams and instructional documents. Manage and contribute to a database of discovery documents.
- Design and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs) to streamline operations and reduce waste and inefficiency.
- Maintain healthy levels of inventory and ensure all equipment is logged in/out in accordance with best practices. Work with sales team to review pipeline to ensure inventory levels are sustainable and to establish vendor networks in new regions.
- Responsible for shipping/receiving and assembling hardware and disseminating to all vendors in accordance with established timelines.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with all business stakeholders, vendors, and customers.
- Provide thought leadership and consistent feedback to broader New Platform team on hardware-related topics.
- Work with system engineers and technical staff to ensure functionality of equipment and to troubleshoot and diagnose more complex issues.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions, hours of the day, and travel at short notices to meet customer and business needs nationwide.
- 2 years of experience installing, repairing and working with automotive electronic systems or related field
- Experience in the 12-volt field and capable of reading electrical wiring diagrams.
- Familiarity with EVO and DBALL flashing and advanced understanding of vehicle security systems
- Familiarity and experience with multimeters, spectrum analyzers, and various diagnostic tools
- Can read and design wiring diagrams
- Proficient soldering and repairing circuit boards
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- BS/BA or relevant technical degree preferred
- Planning/organizing: individual is self-directed, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality, and takes pride in work
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to carry collateral materials and displays
- Must pass Zipcar driving history requirements and background check.
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
** To all recruitment agencies:** Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes