HireClub Coaching Agreements
Welcome to HireClub Coaching!
Please take a few minutes to read this Coaching Agreement (this “Agreement”) fully and carefully before you start using Subscription Services.
This is a legally-binding contract for your use of Subscription Services.
In this Agreement, “Subscriber” or “You” refers to the person subscribing to the Services; and “HireClub” or “we” refers to HireClub.com, Inc., a Delaware corporation with a principal place of business at 385 29th St, Apt 3, San Francisco, CA 94131. HireClub and Subscriber are each referred to as a “Party” and together as the “Parties.
You and HireClub agree to the following:
1. Coaching Services
Our goal is to help you succeed in your career by matching you with a career coach. Your coach can work with you on a variety of issues such as resume feedback, mock interviews, career planning, confidence building, and leadership coaching — conceivably any career related issue your coach can help with during your coaching.
Coaching takes two people to work. You as the client will be assigned tasks and issues to work on by your coach as needed. Coaching can be a process of learning and growth but ultimately what you put into is what can really make it shine.
HireClub offers career coaching services on a subscription basis. HireClub offers three different subscription plans each with 30, 60 or 120 minutes of coaching time respectively.
Your minutes don’t expire and will carry over to the next billing cycle as long as your subscription is active. If you decide to cancel your subscription or your account is terminated for any reason, all remaining minutes will expire at the end of your last subscription period.
You can check your minutes at any time by going to https://hireclub.com/coach
2. Scheduling Coaching Calls
While your subscription is active, you can schedule calls up to your remaining minutes by visiting https://hireclub.com/schedule based on your coach’s availability. Your coach may not be available at all times but will do their best to communicate scheduling with you.
We recommend scheduling coaching calls at least twice a month.
3. Coach Matching
You can request a coach of your choice or fill out the form at https://hireclub.com/interests We will try to match you with the coach of your choice when possible. We cannot gaurantee the availability of a given coach.
We want to make sure you and the coach are a good fit. You get a free 15-minute coach match call in the first month of subscription and when you request a new coach.
If you go past the 15 minutes in your coach match call then that is automatically considered confirmation that you would like to go ahead and work with that coach. You can also confirm by texting your coach.
You can try up to three different coaches through HireClub.
4. Messaging Your Coach
You may message your coach at https://hireclub.com/coach or via text message using the provided number, or the HireClub mobile app. Your coach will do their best to respond in a timely manner.
We recommend discussing larger issues through phone calls and not with messaging. Messaging is best used for quick, short conversations.
Please note that your coach may not be available on weekends or during certain times. Please discuss your coach’s availability with them.
5. Private Information
We ask that you please not share your email or phone number with your coach. Your coach will not share their email or phone number. HireClub provides a communication platform for you to communicate with your coach.
We are not responsible or liable for any information exchanged anywhere else.
You understand that failure to use the communication platform may result in a degraded communication experience and/or cancellation of your subscription.
By using the assigned HireClub phone number and platform, we can assure your minutes are tracked properly. We may record or monitor calls for quality assurance and training, but we will never share your information with any third parties. We may share some information with your coach for your coaching experience.
6. Group Coaching
Group coaching requires respect for each member and the information they share. By subscribing to group coaching, you acknowledge and agree that as a group, you will share your information with and gain information relating to other members of the group. By subscribing to group coaching you specifically agree:
- Not to share any information from your peers in the group with others outside of the group
- Not to use any information you will have gained about your peers for any purpose other than participating in the group coaching.
- You also understand that HireClub is not responsible for use of your information by your peers.
7. Subscription Term and Cancellation
Your subscription renews automatically every month unless you cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before your renewal date by visiting https://hireclub.com/settings/subscription and clicking on cancel.
8. Changing Your Subscription Plan
You can always upgrade or downgrade your plan by going to https://hireclub.com/settings/subscription
You can upgrade your plan at any time to get more minutes. You only pay the difference in plan costs between your old and new plan. You are charged immediately and the additional minutes are available for use immediately upon payment.
You can downgrade your plan at any time. You don’t lose any minutes you have paid for. Your new plan rates and minutes will be effective on the next billing cycle.
9. Fees and Payment
Fees for the Services may be found at https://hireclub.com/#pricing
Fees are subject to change from time to time. By signing up for a subscription account and entering your credit card information you authorize HireClub to:
- Charge your card on a monthly basis for your HireClub subscription until you cancel your subscription as described in Section 7 (“Subscription Term and Cancellation”)
- To share your credit card information with its payment processor for fraud prevention and payment processing purposes.
You understand and agree that except for the refund mechanism described in Section 10 (“Refunds”), all subscription fees are non-refundable.
Coaching is an actively managed investment. It takes time and effort to see the desired returns. If however, you are not happy with the Service you can ask for one time refund.
- In the first month (1st billing period) of your subscription, you can cancel and ask for a refund for any reason minus any used minutes from your plan.
- In any subsequent month (2nd or later billing period) of your subscription, you can ask for a refund if you have not used any minutes during that month. You must ask for a refund before the month (billing period) is over.
- The maximum amount of refund we will ever give is equivalent to one month of your current subscription plan.
- You are only allowed to use the refund option once. Even if you cancel your subscription and create a new HireClub account later, you will not be able to get a refund.
- All refunds are subject to our discretion and review.
Except as described above, all fees are non-refundable. It takes 5-10 days for refunds to process.
11. Discounts for Additional Services
As an active subscriber, HireClub offers you 20% off any Resume Rewrite, LinkedIn Rewrite or Resume Design single sessions. You can purchase these unlimited times while you are still an active subscriber.
As a subscriber, you will be assigned a referral code which you can find at https://hireclub.com/refer
When someone subscribes with your referral code, both you and the person you referred will receive $20 credit once the referred stays subscribed for at least one billing cycle.
You both will receive the credit at the start of the referred person's second billing cycle.
There is no limit to how many people you can refer but each referred person only qualifies for the referral credit the first time they become a HireClub subscriber.
You understand and agree that you and the referred person can see each other’s names, and referral status.
You and the referred user are only eligible to receive a referral credit if you both maintain active HireClub subscription accounts in good standing for which you each pay a monthly fee.
Neither this offer and nor the referral credits are transferable, and they are not valid for cash or cash equivalent.
13. Communicating with you
We use email and electronic means to stay in touch with our users. For contractual purposes, you:
- Consent to receiving communications from HireClub in an electronic form via the email address you have submitted or via the Service.
- Agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that HireClub provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. This section does not affect your non-waivable rights.
HireClub provides the Services and the HireClub website “as-is” and makes no promises or guarantees regarding the Service or the coaches.
The Services, website and coaches are provided without any warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, HireClub does not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted or that the coach you want will be available; nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the coaching sessions or the security of your data. you acknowledge and agree that HireClub is a platform for connecting you with coaches and that the coaches are responsible for any advice they provide.
Specifically, HireClub makes no representation or warranty that the information we provide or that is provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, that the Service will function in an uninterrupted manner or be secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components.
You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your use of information, content or other material obtained from the Service. Some jurisdictions limit or do not permit disclaimers of warranty, so this provision may not apply to you.
15. Limitation of Liability
HireClub will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use of the service or arising under this Agreement. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligations to you.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will HireClub be liable to you for any loss of profits, use, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from:
- The use, disclosure, or display of your data.
- Your use or inability to use the Service.
- The Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
- Any other interactions with HireClub or any coaches, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, and whether or not HireClub has been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
HireClub will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control. Some jurisdictions limit or do not permit disclaimers of liability, so this provision may not apply to you.
16. Modification of this Agreement
HireClub has the right to amend this Agreement from time to time. We will provide notification to you of material changes to this Agreement:
- By sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account. Any changes will take effect immediately upon our sending of this email
- And/or through our Website at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our home page. Non-material changes to this Agreement will take effect immediately. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to this Agreement. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of a revised version of this Agreement means you have accepted these new terms.
We only offer our Services to persons over the age of 18. We will have to terminate any accounts belonging to persons under the age of 18.
This Agreement is controlled by California law and any disputes will be resolved by the courts in the city of San Francisco.
You, and you alone, are responsible for any obligations you agree to under this contract. If we are involved in a merger or we are bought, we may transfer this Agreement, as long as your rights are protected. You cannot transfer your plan to anyone else or assign your rights without HireClub’s consent.
Any failure on the part of HireClub to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
18. Limitation of Term of Action.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with HireClub must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.