Hi there, I'm Joyce! You might notice that I have one of the longest Coach profiles here on HireClub. The reason is that I love to delight my clients and believe that anytime you want someone to hire you, you should demonstrate how your passion and enthusiasm are second to none.
Do You Like to Win?
I want you to know that I'm going to overachieve in everything that we do together. I also believe in providing as much information as possible here so that you can get to know me, my philosophy and my process, so in your coach selection you can select the best possible match. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me through HireClub.
What I Do
I'm an experienced coach who has coached at all levels, everyone from CEOs , executives and entrepreneurs, to managers and individual contributors. I have recruited and hired hundreds of people in my career, and can help you present yourself to stand out against the competition and make companies feel like they NEED to hire you.
I can help you if:
- You're looking for your next job
- Have goals or challenges in your current role
- Are looking to move up within your organization
- Are looking to make a career change
- Are looking for general career strategy advice
- Are an entrepreneur and want general career advice or are looking to take your startup experience to a company
- Are looking for advice on how to hire
- Want practice with interviewing and presenting your personal brand
Reasons You Should Work With Me
- You're ready for dramatic, rapid change
- You want help getting clarity on what you want / your goals
- You want to hear what you need to hear, not what you want to hear
- You want the tips and tricks for making your resume sparkle, how to present yourself in the best light possible, and maximize the job title and compensation package you are offered
- You need help with strategy or just pure execution
- You want to LEVEL UP
- You want to have fun along the way - no one does their best work when they are in a scarcity/fear mindset. Let's get you into a positive abundance mindset!
My Approach & Methodologies I've Trained On
1) Balance EQ and IQ in Your Personal Brand: I believe that emotional intelligence (EQ) and intellectual intelligence (IQ) are equally important. Careers and hiring are all about people, culture fit, and people connecting and communicating. I'll help you craft your personal branding and messaging in both EQ and IQ and coach you on presenting yourself in a balanced way.
2) Designing Your Life: I've coached many people through the Designing Your Life process, which is a way of thinking about planning your personal and professional life using design thinking techniques. It brings a lot more creativity, joy, and comfort with constant iteration into your thought process, replacing the concept of taking a linear, one-track approach to your life.
3) Authentic Relating: connecting with people in a genuine, deeper way and also delivering information in the best way will get you really far. Authentic Relating is a powerful tool for deepening connection, building trust, and reducing the friction and charge in a situation that involves conflict. I teach you how to use these techniques to get the best possible results in any situation. When you get people on your side, everyone wins.
1) Discovery Questions: I ask questions about the situation to confirm what you want help with. If you have a challenge, I'll get into the details and reflect back to you
2) Analysis: I provide insight on what I'm seeing in terms of your mindset, attitudes, and beliefs. I summarize and confirm your goals and challenges, and what you'd like to accomplish.
3) Plan: We make a plan for how to get you in the right mindset, as well as the logistics of achieving your goals.
4) Follow Up & Iteration: As you execute on the plan, I check in with you to make sure we're hitting deadlines. We also review how things are going and then iterate on our strategy and how to execute
1) Salary Negotiation: I've been known to be the highest paid employee at most of my previous companies, and been told that people have said "Hire Joyce, at any price." When you clearly make the case for your value and companies realize you are the top candidate for the job, that can make a world of difference. I'll help you craft and practice your negotiation.
2) Career Coaching: I help you gain clarity on who you are, what energizes you, and where you can be the most successful with your skills.
3) Mindset Coaching: negotiations are a game of chicken, selling is about making others feel confident and trust that you can get the job done. In order for others to believe, YOU need to believe. Let's get you believing in yourself more than you ever thought possible.
4) I'm an Empath: This means that I can feel other people's feelings, even if they are very subtle. This makes me an excellent coach because it enables me to pick up on small things and help you gain clarity on how you really feel about a situation. I can also tell you how you're coming across and how to make it more compelling and professional.
5) Tarot Card Reading: I've done hundreds of tarot card readings for people from all walks of life, and the reason I keep doing them is that my clients tell me that they are ridiculously accurate. If you need deeper clarity, we can do a reading to hone in on your true thoughts and feelings about a situation, or get advice on the best course of action. We can do the reading virtually as well.
I believe that success and being your best self comes from the following three things. I focus on all three in my coaching:
1) Mindset: to win, you need to have a winning mindset, and you need to believe in yourself. I help you do this. I've led my team to achieving audacious goals - for instance, tripling the amount that my sales reps have sold, and empowering my managers to do more than they ever believed they could.
2) Know Your Stakeholders: who is involved with the career situation or hiring process, and what are their priorities? Are they all aligned or are there any conflicts? How do you position yourself to each person in the right way?
3) Strategize: I'll clearly define the goals and criteria for success, and then map a clear path to achieving those. Never execute unless you have a clear strategy and goals. Ensure that the plan includes HOW you will communicate as well as WHAT you will communicate, and practice both.
When I'm not coaching, you can find me doing yoga, going on hikes with my husband Chris and puppy Sprinkles, attending personal growth retreats and conferences, relaxing in various hot springs throughout Northern California, traveling, eating high vibrational healthy food or green juices, or playing mahjong with my family.
Articles & Books
-Forbes article on "Do You Love Your Job? If Not, Here Are 9 Things To Do ": https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephanieburns/2020/02/07/do-you-love-your-job-if-not-here-are-9-things-to-do -Fast Company article on "7 ways I've learned to assert myself as a young woman at work": https://www.fastcompany.com/90416521/7-ways-ive-learned-to-assert-myself-as-a-young-woman-at-work
-Check out my Salesforce ebook on Secrets to Business Growth: https://c1.sfdcstatic.com/content/dam/web/en_ca/www/images/form/pdf/eBook_Secrets_to_Business_Growth.pdf