Alabama Unemployment Guide
Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
- Your social security number;
- Your Driver’s License or Alabama ID #;
- Your Alien Registration Card, if applicable;
- A list of names, complete addresses, and telephone numbers, and the beginning and end dates of employment for your last 2 employers;
- Information and related documents for any federal civilian employment, military service, or work performed in another state in the past 18 months;
- Your bank routing number and checking or savings account number, if you choose to have your unemployment payment deposited directly into your bank account.
Alabama Benefits Calculator
Benefits per week range from a minimum of $45 to a maximum of $275 (effective January 1, 2020) calculated using your base period earnings.
On the day after you file your claim, a form is mailed to you (monetary determination) that lists all of your base period wages by employer and the total and weekly amount to which you may be entitled.
Alabama begins processing all unemployment claims related to coronavirus