Colorado Unemployment Guide
Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
- Social Security number
- Home address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- A valid email address
- The reason why you lost your last job
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need an Alien registration number
- If you were on active duty in the U.S. military in the past 18 months, you will need DD Form 214, Member 4
- If you worked for the federal government in the past 18 months, you will need Standard Form 8 and Standard Form 50.
- You will need all of your employment information for the past 18 months, including all contact information and dates worked
- Any additional wages you have received from vacation, severance or other sources
- Other states where you have worked in the past 18 months.
- If you choose to have your payments made by direct deposit, you will also need to supply appropriate information for that option (bank name and address, account and routing number).
Colorado Benefits Calculator
While filing the claim, click the “Save & Finish Later” button and set up your security questions to save your progress through the claim. If you exit, click “File a Claim” to return to the last page you saved.
File during nonpeak hours (evenings after 8 p.m., late nights, early mornings). It may improve your experience.
You must provide information about the reason you are no longer working for all employers from the last 18 months. If you have a lot of information to include, it is best if you type up this information before you start, then copy and paste at the appropriate time.
Once finished, click “Submit” one time. When the claim is successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation page and number.
Colorado unemployment FAQ: How to apply, details about missing PINs and more