Pennsylvania Unemployment Guide
Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
- Social Security number
- Home address, mailing address (if different from your home address)
- Telephone number and valid email address
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national: Alien registration number
- If you were on active duty in the U.S. military during the past 18 months: DD Form 214, Member 4
- Also, send a copy to: Federal Programs Unit, 651 Boas St., Harrisburg, PA 17121
- If you worked for the federal government in the past 18 months, Standard Form 8; Standard Form 50
Pennsylvania Benefits Calculator
How much money will I receive in unemployment benefits?
The weekly benefit you collect should equal about 50% of your full-time weekly earnings, up to a maximum of $572 per week. Additionally, once you're approved for benefits, you may receive an additional $5 each week for a dependent spouse plus $3 per week for one dependent child. If you don't have a dependent spouse, you can collect $5 per week for one dependent child, plus another $3 per week for a second dependent child. All told, your allowance for dependents can't exceed $8 per week.
How long can I collect unemployment benefits?
You can collect unemployment benefits in Pennsylvania for 26 weeks. If you don't find work before your benefits run out, you can file for an unemployment extension. Each extension is reviewed and granted on a case-by-case basis.
Unemployment Comp Tips and Resources