South Carolina Unemployment Guide
Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
- Your Social Security number.
- Your work history for the past 18 months including:
- Employers’ business names,
- Employers’ addresses,
- Employers’ phone numbers and
- Your salary for each employer
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, your alien registration number and documentation.
- If you served in the military in the past 18 months, DD-214 Form (Member 4 copy).
- If you are a federal civilian employee, SF-50 or SF-8 Form.
South Carolina Benefits Calculator
An insured worker's weekly benefit amount shall be approximately 50 percent of his average weekly wage. However, no insured worker's weekly benefit amount shall be less than $42 nor greater than the maximum weekly benefit amount determined by the Department.
The maximum weekly benefit amount cannot exceed $326.
Coronavirus Unemployment Updates
Covid-19 and Unemployment Insurance Benefits