Hawaii Unemployment Guide



Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits

Apply for Unemployment

Unemployment Checklist

What information and documents you need.

  • Your social security number.
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, you need your alien registration number.
  • Your employment information for the past 18 months, including employer’s name, address, zip-code, phone number, dates of employment, and reason for separation.
  • If you were separated from active duty military, you need your DD-214 member 4 copy. Do not delay your filing if you do not have your DD-214. You can provide this documentation at a later date. If you don’t have a copy of your Form DD-214, request a copy online at www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.
  • If you were in federal employment, you need your SF8 or SF50 or pay-stubs.
  • Your bank account number and your bank’s routing number. Use your bank routing number and account information on your personal check. To deposit to a savings account, contact your financial institution to obtain the correct routing and account information.


More fixes to Hawaii unemployment system coming soon

Read More

Hawaii Labor Department accepting applications for federal pandemic unemployment assistance

Read More

You filed an unemployment claim. Now what? Labor Department answers your questions

Read More

Check your unemployment benefits claim status

Read More

If you've been affected we're here to support you!

You can talk to one of our career coaches to plan your next move.

Have a tip or article to share?

Add Your Tip

If you have any other feedback, you can email us at help@hireclub.com

The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.