Alaska Unemployment Guide



Where to Apply for Unemployment Benefits

Apply for Unemployment

Unemployment Checklist

What information and documents you need.

  • Your Social Security Number
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need your alien registration number and work permit type or other documentation that authorizes your employment in the United States
  • Name, mailing address and phone number of your last employer and the location where you reported to work
  • Dates of your last employment, first and last day worked
  • Earnings you made in the last week of your employment
  • Other deductible income received in the last week of employment; such as vacation, severance or bonus pay.
  • Federal employees are required to mail or fax copies of standard form SF8 and SF50, and when possible a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
  • Ex-military personnel are required to mail or fax a copy of the DD214 member 4
  • Ex-military personnel can obtain these documents at
  • Ex-personnel of the Department of Defense can obtain records at


Alaska begins paying $600-per-week federal boost in unemployment benefits

Read More

If you've been affected we're here to support you!

You can talk to one of our career coaches to plan your next move.

Have a tip or article to share?

Add Your Tip

If you have any other feedback, you can email us at

The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.